ASC – Automotive Standards Council
The Automotive Standards Council (ASC) is an organization made up of industry professionals dedicated to standardizing GA4 events for the automotive industry to create clear concise reporting. Dealer Insights is proud to be founding members of the Automotive Standards Council.
The goal of the council is clear: to simplify and standardize event tracking within GA4 for automotive businesses. By doing so, we empower car dealers to make data-driven decisions, improve customer experiences, and stay competitive in an increasingly data-driven business.
Why Standardization Matters:
You’ve gotta have the right data, and your data has to be actionable. One of the main issues with UA was every vendor had their own specific way of tracking and measuring performance. This made it difficult if not impossible to create standardized reporting that was usable across the board to make decisions. The ASC spec standardizes events for all vendors creating a clear picture of what’s happening on a dealer’s website.
Standardizing event tracking offers several key benefits:
- Consistency: the ASC spec ensures that automotive companies use a consistent naming convention and structure for events across their digital properties. This includes events like form submissions, and VDP views. This consistency is essential for accurate reporting and analysis.
- Efficiency: Standard events create clarity. Instead of each digital vendor using different metrics to measure performance, the ASC spec gives everyone a standard “baseline” and KPI’s to measure vendor success.
- Data Quality: By eliminating the 50 million ways of doing things, the standard removes the guesswork out of the data, and all event data is held to the same “standard.” This gives dealers better insights they can use to make decisions.
- Interoperability: Standardized event tracking makes it easier for automotive vendors and dealers to collaborate with partners and agencies, as everyone speaks the same data language. So if you switch from one website provider to another, your reporting remains constant.
How Dealer Insights works with the data the ASC spec provides:
- Consultation: We’ll sit down and discuss your specific business goals and objectives for your dealership. We’ll work closely with you to identify problem areas in your store, track those areas, and provide reporting.
- Event Standardization: Our platform has standard reports, but we can create reports based around KPI’s that matter to you using ASC events. We’ll help you understand what’s happening on your website and how well your digital vendors are performing.
- Implementation Support: We’ll guide you through the process of getting started with our platform, discuss your needs, and notify you if your vendors aren’t following the ASC spec.
- Training and Resources: Dealer Insights offers training and resources to help your dealership staff understand the importance of event standardization and how to utilize our platform for concise reporting effectively so you have the data at your fingertips that matters to you.
- Ongoing Support: We’re constantly improving our software platform and working with ASC to provide ongoing support and updates to adapt to changing business needs and GA4 updates, ensuring your reporting remains accurate and intuitive.